Boob Club (aka Breast Friends) is a support group for women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer at a young age. By young we mean ‘breast cancer young’, generally indicating diagnosis under the age of 50.
The group meets for dinner in a pub for relaxed and informal chats. There is no formal agenda – women simply talk, listen and share their stories as they wish. Things we talk about include:
- being diagnosed
- making treatment decisions
- how cancer affects our relationships
- side effects of treatment (including effects on sexuality)
- balancing work and treatment
- our feelings about ourselves and our futures after cancer, and
- how we feel changed by the experience.